Twitter is better than any of the social networking sites for finding like minded people to ‘talk’ to, it’s even good for finding random strangers to follow just for the sake of procrastination, The only problem is.. You then start ‘talking’ to those random strangers and develop a relationship of sorts.
As an example, when I first signed up with twitter I’d follow the public time line because of the novelty and a few comments piqued my interest enough to make me ‘follow’ a random stranger – that was Dan.
For a while after that it seemed everywhere I went online Dan of The wrong advices blog was a step ahead of me, he then introduced me to mybloglog and I amused myself by browsing the various blogs on offer there. I haven’t bothered with it for a while because other things caught my attention but today I was reminded of it (albeit indirectly) through twitter.
That’s right back to twitter. You see the person who indirectly reminded me of mybloglog was Nik aka loudmouthman, the guy who talked me into trying out ubuntu. I stalked him on twitter too – and it’s all the fault of Master K since he nagged me into signing up to the damned thing in the first place.
Anyhow, Nik posted a tweet linking to an online identity score (go ahead, just do it yourself and see what comes up, I apparently score ‘8’ both for my name and for rosevibe) It was while googling myself I came across this meme linking me.
Why am I linked on a blog I don’t recall stumbling across before? Because of mybloglog.com. You see how incestuous everything online is?
I met Master K through my original blogger blog several years ago and I count him a pretty good net friend due to our intermittent correspondence, he introduced me to twitter where I met both Dan and Nik, the latter being someone I greatly admire and can see becoming an RL friend in the not too distant future. Dan introduced me to mybloglog and Christy obviously found me there.
I wonder how long it would take me to find myself again just from following a random link from Christys blog? maybe someday when I’m bored enough I’ll have to see. For now, I have a meme to do – it seems only fair to do so after shouting to the world about it 😉
These are the meme rules:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves which others do not know about them.
2: People who are tagged need to write in their own blog and post these rules.
3: At the end of your 8 random facts post, you must select 8 more people and leave a message at their site that they have been tagged….
Hmmm.. First of all, it’s going to be tough writing something about me on here that you guys don’t know about (or can’t find out by trawling the archives) secondly that rule #3 is just begging to be broken, I’ll not perpetuate I’ll just participate.
So.. My 8 random facts or habits:
- I do my best not to bend/ crease the spine of any book I read and make sure to use something as a book mark rather than bending the pages over or placing an open book face down and flat – I HATE seeing people vandalise books in this fashion.
- I struggle with verbal conversation most days as I only take in half of what’s going on, not because I’m not listening but because I can’t process speech quickly enough and end up skimming what people say. This is why I like karaoke nights so much, I’m not required to talk a great deal or follow a conversation but I can still enjoy the atmosphere, sit with friends and have a sing.
- I like going to the theatre on the rare occasion I can justify the expense.
- I like walking around art galleries and spend a fair amount of time looking at pictures online.
- I have been between 9 and a half stone in weight for the last 12 years
- I can keep a bar of chocolate in the house for over a month and not eat it all. As long as I know it’s there I don’t get chocolate cravings.
- I don’t like receiving ‘smellies’ as gifts, soaps and toiletries are personal things and I like to get my own.
- When I’m thinking I press my fingers together in the ‘excellent’ fashion of Mr Burns and I don’t even realise I’m doing it half the time.